The basis of Classic Blackjack
Blackjack is one of the most classic casino games all over the world. Alongside Roulette, Poker and Slot Machines, it is almost impossible to imagine a casino without Blackjack. Even though this casino game is quite simple, you can find it in different variations where rules differ slightly from game to game. Check out our page dedicated to Different Types of Blackjack and find out everything there is to know about the most popular versions of the Blackjack game.
For now, we will introduce you to the 101 of the classic version of this classic game. Here you will learn the basic blackjack principles, rules, terminology and even some pro tips and strategies to help you optimize your game and increase your chances of leaving victorious.
This game is one of the simplest and easiest to play and enjoy. Here is a breakdown of what the game's fundamentals are:
- Blackjack Classic is played against the dealer
- The game, most commonly, is played with a single deck
- All cards from 2-9 are worth the displayed value
- All cards from 10 to K are worth ten points each
- Aces are special cards because they can be worth 1 point or 11 points
- The player closer to 21 wins the game
Playing Blackjack online is an amazing way to spend your time! There are many reasons to play blackjack online, but the most important is: the game is quite simple and you can actually win a lot of money!
Live Blackjack | TuskCasino
How to play Classic Blackjack
This game has a very simple setup where you will be dealt two cards at the start. Both cards are dealt according to the dealer's face-up and face-down cards. After that, the online game of Blackjack begins.
The classic version of the game is one of the most popular ones out there. It's simple enough to learn, and the fact that the dealer only uses a single 52-card deck means players are dealing with a much better house advantage.
Here are some basic rules to consider when playing this version:
- If you get a direct hand of 21 points from the start (natural Blackjack), you will automatically win.
- If you receive a natural blackjack at the same time the dealer does, the game will be resolved as a draw, also referred to as "push" in online blackjack
- Both the player and the dealer will lose if their hand exceeds 21 total points. This is called "bust" in Blackjack terminology.
However, things get interesting if your first two cards have been dealt and you have less than 21 points. That’s when you need to start making decisions. From this point on, you can choose one from several options:
- HIT: You take the hit action when you want to improve your hand and are willing to take a chance by drawing another card.
- STAND: You stand if you believe your current hand is better than the dealers and you are confident you have the greatest chance of winning.
- SPLIT: When your initial two-card hand includes two cards of the same value, you can choose to split the bet and make two games instead of 1. You split your hands if you are confident that the resulting hands will give you a better chance of winning.
- DOUBLE: Players double when they are confident their hand will win, and they want to get the maximum amount from that by doubling the amount of the running bet.
- SURRENDER: If you believe your hand has no chance of winning, you can choose to surrender. For example, when there is an imminent danger going above 21 or when the dealer has a very good hand, you can choose to press the surrender button and end the game.
Blackjack classic rules
Before you jump right into a classic online game of Classic Blackjack, we want to give you some more inside tips and game rules that will help you feel more confident in your game and will definitely improve your game skills. These are easy to understand, memorize and apply to your game plan. Before you commit to a blackjack game, you should be aware that:
- A natural blackjack, meaning a blackjack made out of the first two cards dealt, will pay 3:2. Also, a natural blackjack is stronger than any other 21 card.
- In classic blackjack, you can split your hands once and then hit multiple times with each split hand. However, if you split a pair of Aces, you will only receive one card for every Ace you have.
- Players may not be allowed to double up on certain cards and are generally allowed to double up on cards up to 9, 10 or 11 points.
- If you choose to double your bet on your opening cards, you will automatically be dealt a third card.
These classic blackjack rules should help you go even further in the game. Make sure you always read the rules for each game since they can be a little different. Visit our page Types of Blackjack to find out more about different Blackjack games.
The classic Blackjack strategy
Blackjack is a fairly easy game. Like most games, the more you play the better you get, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be good at it right from the beginning.
Now, we will give you some examples of suggestions and tips on how to treat different hand possibilities:
- If you have a ten and a two, and the dealer is showing you a three as his open card, you must choose to continue.
- If you have a six and a five in your hand, and the dealer shows a ten, it's best to double your bet.
- If you have an ace and a seven, and the dealer's face-up card is a nine, you must choose to continue.
- If you have a pair of nines in your hand and the dealer also shows a nine, your best bet is to split.
- If you have an ace and an eight in your hand and the dealer shows a six, the rules say they must hit a soft 17, so it's a good idea for you to choose to double up.
Every situation in a classic blackjack game is unique. That's why we have just listed several of the possible courses of action. You don't need to memorize all these ideal plays instantly as this will simply come natural to you with time and practice.
Discover the best online casino promotions we’ve prepared for you. At TuskCasino you can play for real money by using our Welcome Bonus. Are you feeling lucky? Then try our Online Roulette or the best online slots machines.
Limitless 20% $/€2000 Reload Bonus
$/€2000 Reload Bonus Unlimited Times and Reward for Reload Every DayREAD MORE